Password is a word or sting of characters that is used by users for their authentication and for access approval. The password should be such that it should be easy to remember and should be difficult to guess by others. In Skype, the password is selected during Skype account creation process. Changing the password is simple and you have to change Skype password in every 2 or 3 months due to security factors. The ideas for How to change Skype password is given as below:
Instructions to change Skype Password
- Type www.skype.com on your web browser to open Skype home page.
- Click on Sign in button present at the top right corner of Skype home page. It will take you to the Skype sign in page.
- If you want to change your old Skype password, then click on Problems signing in tabs present at the bottom of page.
- Now enter your that email address, which you have used during Skype account creation process and click on Send email button. It will send an email to your email address.
- Check your email and follow the instructions mentioned there. Click on the link provided there on email.
- Choose the Skype account whose password is to be changed. Type a new password in the box given there and again enter the password to the confirm password box to confirm your new password. Finally click to Change password button to change Skype password and click to sign me in tabs to sign in to Skype.
Tips and Warning about Skype Password
- Don’t share your password to anyone for security concern.
- Change your password in regular interval.
- Choose a password which is easy to remember but difficult to guess by anyone.
- Do not use your phone numbers, mobile numbers, other personal information, birthday etc as password.
- Use various upper case, lower case, number and other symbol to create password because such password will be hard to crack.
- Your password must be greater than four characters otherwise Skype doesn’t allow it and it may contain letter, number and symbols.
- Do not write your Skype password anywhere because if anyone find your password then they can easily access your Skype account and can get your important information or can misuse it.
Hence, password is very sensitive and important key. It helps to block the access of unauthorized users to your account. So, always make the password private. You can do it by regular changing the Skype password.