There are many reasons why you would need to create a new Hotmail account. First of all, your current account may be full of spam or advertising mails. Another reason could be that you want to make a more serious mail account. No matter why you need a new Hotmail account, these are the steps you should follow:
Instructions for Hotmail email login
- Enter hotmail.com in your web browser. This will take you to the Hotmail official homepage. Make sure it says “https://login.live.com” in the URL to avoid any kind of copy.
- At the bottom, you will find this sentence “No account? Create one!”. Click on “Create one!”, which will appear in blue.
- Fill in all the blanks with your data.
- At the end you have an option that says “Send me promotional offers from Microsoft. You can unsubscribe at any time.” Click on the little square in order to receive this information.
- Finally click in “Create account” and it will be done.
Some useful advice for creating a new Hotmail account
- Do not use strange names in your mail address. You can combine letters and numbers if you want.
- Decide a password which offers safety. It is advisable to avoid your data in your password and to avoid another password you have in use.
- Close your old Hotmail account in case you had an old one and you won’t use it any more.
Instructions for closing a Hotmail account
It is advisable to close a Hotmail account which is not going to be used any more. If you want to close your current Hotmail account, follow the instructions below:
- Enter hotmail.com in your web browser. This will take you to the Hotmail official homepage.
- Write your email address in the blank where it is indicated and click “next”.
- Now, fill in the blank with your password and click “sign in”.
- Once you have signed in, look for “configuration” in order to close your Hotmail account. This option may be a bit hidden, so we will explain how to get to it.
- Search for your photo (right top corner) and click on your username, which appear close to the photo.
- Go to the “account configuration”. Once you have clicked, you will be asked for your mail password again to verify it is your account.
- Enter your password and a new window will appear. You are now in your general information details.
- Look for “Close account” and click the blue words
How to add or remove an outlook account
Nowadays the email is very useful because of its security and its promptness. Many people have at least one mail account, but it is very common to have more than one. In the case of Hotmail accounts, there is a possibility of administrating different accounts. Let’s explain step by step how to reach this option of accounts’ administration.
First of all, once you have been registered on your Hotmail account (as it is explained in the article “how to sign in your hotmail account”), follow these instructions:
- When you are on your mail inbox, got to the right top corner and click on the wheel (configuration menu).
- The configuration menu will offer you several options. Click on “Connected accounts”.
- A new window will appear with many options to administrate your accounts. If you already have other accounts, they will appear here. You will also find a garbage icon to erase an account and a pencil to edit your configuration.