Skype is one of the best communicative application, that is used to make free voice call and video chat. Many people are familiar about the features of Skype. It uses VoIP technology to transmit voice and videos to other users. It allows free calls with the people who are registered in Skype. However, you can make a phone calls with unregistered users too but it will cost some charge. Skype also support the web cam features, so that you could make a live video chat with any one of your friends and family. Now a days, Skype offers other non communicative features too. eg file transfer, recording video, image capturing etc. However, if you do not want to have skype in your computer or if you want to remove Skype completely, don’t worry it is too easy. It will took only some moments within some mouse clicks. Just scroll down
Instruction to Remove Skype From Your Computer
- Open “Start menu” present at the left bottom of your desktop and click “Control Panel”. It will take you to the control panel page.
- Make a double click on “Add/Remove Programs” button. (or if you are using windows vista or 7 then click “Uninstall a Program” under the “Programs“) and select the “Skype” application present in the list of application.
- To remove Skype from your device Click the “Remove” button (or “Uninstall” in windows vista and 7). Click “No” tabs When it asked whether you want to keep your friend list and call history and follow the other steps to uninstall the software or to remove Skype. However, if you think you might reinstall the Skype after some time then you have to click “Yes” when asked whether you want to keep your contact list and call history.
- Finally, restart your computer to remove Skype completely.
In Mac OS X
- Open your application folder from your device.
- Drag the “Skype” folder and put it to the “Trash bin“.
- Open the Library folder and finally delete the “Skype” directory. It will completely remove Skype from your Mac OS.